Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default Pickle Crisp and Fermented pickles

Randal Oulton wrote:
> Pickle Crisp is a commercial name for what is also a generic product, calcium chloride (food grade.) Full info is he https://www.healthycanning.com/calcium-chloride/

it would seem rather strange to me to call a calcium
chloride solution by the name pickle crisp if i were
actually meaning to use the generic chemical food grade
version. but that's just me.

hope the pickles work out. we usually put up about
100 quarts a year of simple dill pickles. my brother
said that he wants more dill in them. no problem. i
love dill. actually part of the reason some of it may
be lacking is that i sometimes eat it as i'm making
pickles. oops... we'll put in a few more plants this
year - they're not hard to grow.

songbird