Old 23-04-2019, 09:07 PM posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default TN: Easter weekend - Bdx, Beaujolais, Barolo, Bandol (blanc),RIeslings, more

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 2:01:02 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
On 4/23/19 11:16 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 4/23/19 11:54 AM, DaleW wrote:

2012 Terrebrune Bandol Blanc
Quince and pineapple, lower acid, a bit flat. B-/C+

Bandol blanc? Wow, first I've heard of it, even after two visits to the
region... Doesn't sound like I should make a special search for it,
though ;-)

Thanks for the interesting notes, Dale.

Mark Lipton

Mark, never heard of that either. But on the other hand, it didn't sound
that good from the description. One other comment I had was on the 2001
Bordeaux. I find the 1999 still insufficiently aged so can't even think
about 2001.

I've had decent Bandol Blanc from I think Gros Nore and Lafran-Veyrolles , and I've enjoyed the Cassis Blanc from Clos Ste. Magdeleine (same area, I think similar cepage).
Larry are you talking Lagrange in particular or '99 Bordeaux in general? I've not had Lagrange in memory, but for me (and I'm generally considered a necrophiliac) pretty much every '99 I've had has been pretty ready for several years. In Medoc I'm generally holding '95, '96, '00 and drinking '98 and '99 ('97 thankfully gone). I'm holding bigger boys in '01 but thought I'd try the Lagrange as I have several. Young but not closed.