Old 19-04-2019, 06:18 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough
Graham Graham is offline

Default Is this a viable SD starter?

On 2019-04-16 7:23 a.m., notbob wrote:
I have been feeding an organic (apples in water) starter fer a week.* At
8K ft elevation, I put it in the fridge at night and let it warm during
the day (in a sealed 5L plastic container).

It has all the bubbles of a viable starter.* Nothing but KA bread flour
+ water + a little high gluten flour (no yeast).

I mistakenly left it out, last night, and it has plenty o' bubbles, this
morning, and and a good "web" structure.* It had some dark liquid on the
surface.* I mixed in the dark liquid and skimmed the hard crust off the
top.

Now what?

nb

You might like to try this recipe: