Posted to rec.food.sourdough
notbob[_7_] notbob[_7_] is offline

Default Is this a viable SD starter?

On 4/16/2019 12:55 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:

> Early on in my SD days, I bought a crock from KA to use for SD. I used
> it for awhile and went back to Rubbermaid or similar because the crock
> never offered a perfect seal for long-term storage in the fridge
> (sometimes my starters lounge in the fridge for weeks)

> One thing to know about bread baking is that there is no "right way"
> of doing things and that extends a tad into the starters, too. Not
> only are there those who say to never use plastic containers, but
> some also warn folks off using metal utensils to mix, too. I have
> found no diffs.

I like yer style.

Took me 2 yrs of making pies to get the crust jes right. Now, it's a
cinch.

Ken Rollins suggests a 1-1/2 qt crock-pot covered with a do-rag cuz he
sez, "If you hear a sound like a shotgun in the middle of the night,
it's yer starter exploding in that sealed container". Recall I sed Ken
uses, "instant yeast".

I'll get it. Thanks for the tips, Boron.

nb