Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Black pepper again

https://www.amazon.com/Peppercorns-o...28-spons&psc=1

>****OR****
>
>https://tinyurl.com/y4dbvs5l
>
>Problem is, I jes watched a segment, on streaming CBS news, that decries
>Amazon's problem with "counterfeit" products being sold on Amazon's
>web-site. It appears to be a major problem and I have zero solutions. 8|
>
>nb

Walmart/Jet offers goods from myriad sellers these days, too, and the
only reason they don't make the news for fake crap that sneaks by is
that they are still considerably smaller than Amazon, which is almost
the size of that black hole we all looked at last week.

Ordering online, as with ordering from catalogs in the days of old,
always has some degree of iffiness. The best defense is a retailer who
will refund your money if you get shoddy goods.

The customer review system, which was supposed to help guide the
purchaser away from bad products or sellers, does not really work as
anticipated and must also be looked at skeptically and only in
aggregate.

OF -if you're looking for a very tasty black pepper, try Kampot, which
is Cambodian.