Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default how to tenderize inside round for chicken fried steak

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 Gary wrote:
>A Moose in Love wrote:

>> > There's no need to tenderize cube steak; it's already gone through the
>> > tenderizer. All you need to do is decide if you are going to cook chicken
>> > fried steak or country fried steak or steak fingers.

>> i've had tough cube steak once in a while. hence the need to smash it some more.

>Using cheap and tough beef, better to just grind it (or ask to
>have it ground). Then turn it into a large flat patty, either for
>a burger, salisbury steak or for this fried beef with white gravy
>travesty.

Two nights ago a 16 egg omelot for dinner, w/ spuds, bell peppers,
asparagus:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1h9qfp8h4/
This week top round roasts were on sale but they only had smallish
three pounders displayed so I asked the butcher to make me 3 five
pounders, ten minutes later the meat lady brought me three gorgeous
5 lb roasts... plus I picked out a smallish butt end ham for Easter
dinner. only 88¢lb, 6.78lbs, $5.97:
https://postimg.cc/627LF3Fg
I froze one top round roast to use as an oven roast or perhaps a pot
roast... the other two roasts I ground for burgers and so dinner last
night was two 12 oz. burgers on Kaiser rolls... a slew of 12 oz.
burgers in the freezer. Here's ten pounds of NOT mystery meat almost
filling my 24 cup bowl:
https://postimg.cc/rK0WcsyN
Wild turkey lurkeys arrived early this year:
https://postimg.cc/wRxCJnM9
My harem is always he
https://postimg.cc/gallery/ivo2a7u0/
Dumpster Divers:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1p4rlqey0/
Tonight dinner will be a 12 egg omelet with aliced kielbasa and bell
peppers... pepper cores w/seeds will go to the Dumpster Divers.