Posted to rec.food.sourdough
notbob[_7_] notbob[_7_] is offline

Default Is this a viable SD starter?

I have been feeding an organic (apples in water) starter fer a week. At
8K ft elevation, I put it in the fridge at night and let it warm during
the day (in a sealed 5L plastic container).

It has all the bubbles of a viable starter. Nothing but KA bread flour
+ water + a little high gluten flour (no yeast).

I mistakenly left it out, last night, and it has plenty o' bubbles, this
morning, and and a good "web" structure. It had some dark liquid on the
surface. I mixed in the dark liquid and skimmed the hard crust off the top.

Now what?

nb