Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default how to tenderize inside round for chicken fried steak

A Moose in Love wrote:

> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 9:32:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:41:15 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > >
> > > i tried it once. i hammered the inside round steak until it was really thin. using the tenderizing side of a mallet. it was still pretty tough. any suggestions? maybe the next time, i'll buy cube steak and then still pound it out.
> > >

> > There's no need to tenderize cube steak; it's already gone through the
> > tenderizer. All you need to do is decide if you are going to cook chicken
> > fried steak or country fried steak or steak fingers.

> i've had tough cube steak once in a while. hence the need to smash it some more.

Using cheap and tough beef, better to just grind it (or ask to
have it ground). Then turn it into a large flat patty, either for
a burger, salisbury steak or for this fried beef with white gravy
travesty. Talk about TIAD, imo. I've tried it 3 times (different
places) and each time I felt sorry for the cow that got killed
just to make that nonsense.

Valley Girl: "OMG! EWWWW! Gag-O! "

Not all country cooking is good. Grits are a great way to ruin
good corn too. As always, just my worthless opinion plus I like
to joke around here sometimes.