Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default Sqwertz's All-Purpose Spicy Italian Relish

Sqwertz's all-purpose spicy Italian relish (Sapsir). For Italian
hoagies/beef sandwiches, pizza topping, meatball sandwiches,
muffaletta, or most any sausage sandwich (including hot dogs). I
always have a jar of this shit in the fridge. Because I can't find
any giardiniera I like in the supermarkets (besides Enrico Formella
at Tuesday Morning for twice the price). The result is mildly
spicy/hot.

Drain and reserve all liquids (except from olives, throw that
away).. No measurements are exact except for the first one.
Ingredients are flexible, to taste,. Start with something resembling
this.

1 Jar Mezzettas California Hot Mix (break up large cauliflower)

1 Jar's worth of of mixed de-stemmed, stabbed and drained pickled
peppers (50% pepperoncinis and no more than 25% pickled jalapenos)

4oz of green olives (Tassos double-stuffed from Coscto)

3oz of California black or Kalamata olives

3oz of jarred/canned roasted and/or marinated red peppers (Mt. Olive
brand rocks!)

2 large cloves of garlic, pressed or chopped.

1 heaping ts of dried mixed Italian seasoning (oregano, basil,
thyme)

Pulse all in a food processor until pea-sized (4 1-second pulses for
me). Tamp down into a 32oz jar (empty Tassos double-stuffed olive
jar). Barely cover with 25% EVOO and 75% regular olive oil. Allow to
meditate 24 hours or up to unknown months.

https://imgur.com/CP3aQfI

-sw