Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Dyson sucks

On 2019-04-15 5:12 p.m., graham wrote:

>> It's not much more than a quart. If I am doing the living room and
>> family room I can count on having to empty it twice.
>>

> Christ! A friend's visiting dog managed to clog up the filter on my
> central vac. Perhaps you should limit the hounds' access instead!

I have had a central vac for more than 20 years. It hangs down inside
the canister and has never clogged, even when the canister has been
packed with crap.

The issue with the Dyson seems to be the water. Another other filter
would work fine with a little dampness but these things have to be bone
dry. My machine would not work at all after the prescribed 24 hours
drying time. After four days it pulsed, starting up and cutting out
within about a second and then stopping completely. It finally worked on
Sunday..... 5 days to dry.