Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Off topic for sure, but I have a small quandary

cshenk wrote:

> wrote:

> > > Just came back from Publix. $16.99. Didn't buy.

> > I'll look next time I go to the supermarket, really don't know.

> Gary is pretty right on our average price here but loss leader sales
> can be 8.99lb.

I've never seen any price here other than $14.99 even when
lobsters were selling very cheap in New England a few years ago.

This was at my old beloved Farm Fresh that closed down last year
(or was it the year before?) They always had a tank of live
lobsters. Only tiny ones too...1 pounders I guess...just barely
legal to keep.These days I shop at either Food Lion or Harris
Teeter. I've actually never looked in those stores. I'm not even
sure they sell live ones....probably just frozen tails.

I'll look when I next go this week. Just curious to see if either
offer live ones. I've never noticed but then I haven't looked
either.