Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Off topic for sure, but I have a small quandary

wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 10:44:44 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Bruce wrote:

> >> Lucretia, she's putting down housewives.

> >Lucretia, have you eaten any beloved lobsters lately? Probably a
> >decent price where you live but way too overpriced here. Most
> >all the time, $14.99/lb here.

> My younger daughter still lives out in Shad Bay and when we decide to
> eat lobbies it's the best of both worlds, their friend and neighbour
> is a lobster fisherman. So he comes to the party and the lobbies come
> too, my SIL cooks them out on the deck on a gas burner. He generally
> does a couple of cooks, my eldest SIL and I like ours cold from the
> 'fridge, some like them cooked and cooled and others like them hot
> from the pot. He really likes my cheesecakes so regards it as a swap
> If you're ever up this way, we'll do a lobby feast for you. I
> know we're having one last weekend in May.

I saw an ad in the newspaper this morning for a restaurant Easter
Buffet. $44 for all you can eat lobsters, snow crab, and leg of
lamb. Oh and children under 10 can come for half price. $22. lol

For a buffet setting, that's pretty damn expensive, imo. Not only
that, but...SNOW crabs? For that price they should be offering
King Crab legs, even if from South America. Snow crabs are a big
letdown.

Here's an old joke I just remembered too....

Couple goes to an all-you-can-eat for $19.99 restaurant.
After the first plates were finished, they asked for more.
Waitress said, "ok but it will cost you double."
Couple asked why, "It says all you can eat for $19.99."
Waitress responded, "Yes, what you had is all you can eat for
that price."

heheh