Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Dyson sucks

On 2019-04-14 11:18 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/14/2019 10:25 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I gave up on my Dyson V10. It's the only vacuum I have ever had that
>> needed constant maintenance.Â*Â* I had cleaned the filter a couple weeks
>> ago and it took a day and a half to dry out enough to be used. The
>> manual said it should take 24 hours. On Tuesday it clogged up again.
>> It should have been ready to use by Wednesday afternoon. It wasn't.
>> Now was it ready Thursday. On Friday I tried it and it was kicking
>> out. I took the head out to the shed, charged up the air compressor
>> and blew out everything.Â*Â* It still wouldn't work, so I called Dyson.
>> They are going to send me a new one, but it might take a while.Â* I
>> won't feel guilty about the fact that it actually worked this
>> morning..... five days to dry the filter.

> I won't be buying a Dyson.Â* Never had a vac that was not ready to use
> seconds after cleaning or replacing a filter.
>
> If something spills I have a $30 portable to clean it up.Â* Regular
> vacuuming is done by the cleaning lady.Â* The regular vac has not been
> touched for a long time.

Fortunately, we have a central vac. It is hassle to have to drag out
that extra long hose and have that trailing around, but I only have to
empty the canister about once every month or two. This Dyson, supposedly
designed for cleaning up dog hair, has to be emptied about every 5
minutes of vacuuming, and I am lucky to make it through the house
without a more serious clogging issue. And then there is that filter
that needs such frequent cleaning.