Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_55_] Jeßus[_55_] is offline

Default The Dyson sucks

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 23:18:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>I won't be buying a Dyson. Never had a vac that was not ready to use
>seconds after cleaning or replacing a filter.
>
>If something spills I have a $30 portable to clean it up. Regular
>vacuuming is done by the cleaning lady. The regular vac has not been
>touched for a long time.

Whatever happened to simple, decent vacuum cleaners that just worked,
and worked well for a long time? Most all the newer ones have gimmicky
technology and seem problematic and unreliable.

I bought my Wertheim vacuum cleaner back in 2000 - very powerful and
with a simple bag system. Still works perfectly - and I bought mine
refurbished, I have no idea of it's true age. It's been used on
average twice a week over the years I've owned it. The bristles on the
floor attachment wore down to the point where they needed replacing
about two years ago, but that's reasonable wear and tear of course.