Sam D.

"Nexis" > wrote in message
news:q%t3d.205040$4o.182806@fed1read01...

> When all was said and done, we ended up with about 4 of the 5 pound

bags of
> apples and 5 pounds of pears. I know I'll be making apple butter,

since I've
> been hounded for months....but I thought I'd get some ideas here for

other,
> new things to try. So....any ideas?? ;-)

Baked apples, Tarte Tatin, Dutch apple pie, sour cream apple pie

I cut up a few apples, add a little sugar and microwave them. Then I
keep them on hand in the fridge to add to hot cereals like steel-cut
oats or multi grains. They're also good added to bread pudding.

It's a bit early now, but I make a relish of cranberries, apples and
orange peel to serve with Thanksgiving dinner.