PENMART01

>"Renee" writes:
>
>I need to purchase a new roasting pan for this year's Thanksgiving turkey.
>Can anyone give me their thoughts as to the best material it should be made
>of? I want it to make good stove-top gravy with the drippings and be easy to
>clean. I was thinking of going with an all stainless steel one -- the same
>as my regular pots and pans.

I recommend the Farberware SS Classic roasting pan... been using the same for
more than 30 years, they're strong and have no rolled edges so is easy to keep
them clean, dishwasher safe too. I like that they're not so deep as to prevent
proper browning... deep pans inhibit browning. Placing one pan inside another,
as some do with aluminum disposables greatly interferes with proper browning of
large roasts. I have the large Farberware pan for turkeys and other large
roasts, I also have two of the Farberware medum sized roasting pans, these with
a non-stick coating, I like them because their size permits that both will fit
comfortably on my oven rack side by side... the long ways front to back... it's
like having an extra oven. Before purchasing any large roasting pan measure
your oven carefully to determine that the pan will fit on the rack and
especially that the oven door will close properly... not checking for fit is
the number one way that glass panel oven doors get shattered. I think the
Farberware Classic roasting pans are the best on the market, will last at least
two lifetimes worth of constant use, and are reasonably priced... no one needs
a $100 dollar roasting pan, not unless they need something to razzle-dazzle
folks so it's not noticed how they can't cook.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon