Old 05-03-2019, 04:03 AM posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default righteous farming

On 3/4/19 3:31 PM, DaleW wrote:
On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 12:00:27 PM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 3/1/19 4:52 PM, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

While I agree with the approach, I find the $10,000 charge that Demeter
charges to use the designation fairly outrageous.

True nuff, Larry. But you don't have to be Demeter-certified to
practice biodynamics, so few of my favorite producers are.

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: RIP cwdjrx

Late to this, but (I think like Mark) I regard some of the practices as hooey, and recognize Steiner's flaws. Yet a significant percentage of my favorite producers do Bio-D, and I'm ok with that.

I appreciate biodynamic farming just not thrilled with the Demeter
certification.