Roy Basan

Default baguette

"juergen" > wrote in message >...
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a professional receipt for french baguette incl. baking
> temperature and instructions for using steam adding with my professional
> oven.
>
> Je cherche un receipt professionelle pour baguette francais avec toute les
> temperatures et l'addition de vaporisage avec mon four professionelle.
>
> Ich suche ein professionelles rezept für französisches baguette inkl.
> backtempeaturen und beschwadung in meinem profi backofen mit dampfgabe.
>
> Danke Thanks Merci
>
> Juergen fvdb

Guten Tag,Bon Jour,Hello Jurgen,
A baguette is just a simple bread composed of typically 100:2:2:60. Of
the ingredients flou/yeast/salt/water.This is in bakers percentage
terminology.
Nothing spectacular….or special.It is the process in preparing it
that differs and many traditional French bread bakers still claim
that its still and art.
The ratio describes the amount of flour in relation to salt,fresh
yeast and water respectively.The liquid varies according to the flour
absorption or the softness of the dough made.( 60-68%).
The amount of yeast can vary from 1% to 2% depending whether you add
old dough or using a preferment(;either a wet sponge(polish) or a
stiff sponge called biga.The other way is the straight dough.
Being a baker yourself I presume you are familiar with this
terminology already.
I will not dwell on the exposition as there are good books that you
can refer to.
BTW,I have made French bread in the bakery for years but I cannot
guarantee if that is what you are looking for as French bread made
outside France is being suspect about its authenticity in terms of
recipe and methods of preparation.
Its better to look it yourself from the authoritative source and see
how can you adapt the information to fit your location, equipment and
ingredients.
Such as for example you can look at the practical information from
the book by renowned French baker ,Raymond Calvel.
It is called in French' Le Gout de Pain comment le preserver, comment
le retrouver, ‘or in English simply translated as the Taste of Bread.
You will find there an exhaustive information about the proper
production of true French Bread…
Viel Glueck! Bonne chance!Good Luck!
Roy