Old 27-02-2019, 02:57 AM posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Is this a good deal?

On 2019-02-26 18:10:00 +0000, Drew Lawson said:

In article [email protected]
Melba's Jammin' writes:

Note to Notbob: There are no tested recipes or times for canning
anything in half gallon jars except for a couple fruit juices.

We bought a case of half-gallon Ball jars a while ago, for non-canning
purposes. I seem to recall the packaging recommended against use
for canning, just for freezing and dry-goods storage.

I use them for the bulk of my dried basil, since they hold a lot
without breaking the leaves. Also have the sourdough starter living
in one.

A good use for them.

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013