Old 26-02-2019, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.preserving
Drew Lawson Drew Lawson is offline

Default Is this a good deal?

In article [email protected]
Melba's Jammin' writes:

Note to Notbob: There are no tested recipes or times for canning
anything in half gallon jars except for a couple fruit juices.

We bought a case of half-gallon Ball jars a while ago, for non-canning
purposes. I seem to recall the packaging recommended against use
for canning, just for freezing and dry-goods storage.

I use them for the bulk of my dried basil, since they hold a lot
without breaking the leaves. Also have the sourdough starter living
in one.

--
Drew Lawson And I know there's more to the story
I know I need to see more