Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 15:34:58 -0500, wrote:

>Yes, food has greatly deteriorated, along with taste expectations...
>most people nowadays think shit tastes wonderful, their taste buds
>have migrated to their rectum... eat enough fast food you too will
>contract chronic TIAD.

What if you often inhale paint fumes? Does that protect you?

>Restaurant food was better 20 years ago... was much better 60 years
>ago.... even your favorite Golden Arches burger was far better
>quality way back when it cost 15¢.
>
>I can still remember when house-made tube steak from a neighborhood
>German butcher shop was better quality than what today's most
>expensive steak houses serve. There will always be those who
>willingly drop a C-note on a crappy steak dinner and rave about it no
>end... The Emperor's New Clothes is timeless. Today people have grown
>accustomed to air travel on a measly bag of peanuts.

That's a good thing considering so many people are overweight.

>I remember
>flying with a voluptuous stewardess bringing me a scrumptious meal...
>I don't fly anymore, I don't want some faggot bringing me peanuts.

lol

>Truth is when you bought a computer 20 years ago it ran for twenty
>years.

No. 20 years ago, a computer was obsolete much faster than these days.
The technology was improving and changing faster then.

>I remember flying TWA, their Tourest Class was more posh than today's
>First Class, and air travel meals were superb

Cattle class sucks. At least long distance and especially if you're
tall.