Posted to rec.food.cooking
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On 2/16/2019 6:31 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 18:29:20 -0500, S Viemeister
>> Perhaps not misinformed.
>> Many businesses with international distribution, vary their formulas for
>> different countries - like Coca Cola, with HFCS in the US, but cane
>> sugar in Mexico. I know that there are differences in the UK and US
>> versions of Campbell's, and that is likely the case for Australia, too.

> I got it from he
>
> <http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=FD74E9A6-18D4-11E1-8977-1231380C180E>

UK ingredient list -
Tomato Puree (78%), Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Modified Maize Starch, Cream,
Salt, Whey Powder, Wheatflour, Soy Protein, Yeast Extract, Citric Acid,
Natural Flavouring, Milk Proteins, Onion Powder

US ingredient list -
Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Wheat
Flour, Water, Contains Less Than 2% Of: Salt, Potassium Chloride,
Flavoring, Citric Acid, Lower Sodium Natural Sea Salt, Ascorbic Acid
(Vitamin C), Monopotassium Phosphate

Australia ingredient list -
Tomato Puree (84%) Sugar Onions Modified Tapioca Starch (e1442) Salt
Garlic Acidity Regulator (sodium Bicarbonate) Natural Flavours
Thickener(xanthan Gum) Natural Food Colour (paprika Extract) Herbs Spices