Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:20:26 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > >
> > > Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy
> > > that doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful
> > > and freeze portions... would be a much better product and would
> > > cost far less.

> > People that think it's easier to cook up a giant pot of stuff than
> > open a little can probably need to get themselves a better can
> > opener.

> Not easier than a can, but not difficult. And a much, much better
> result.
> For me, canned and jarred sauces and soups are much too sweet.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Mostly the canned and jarred sauces (especially in the so called more
high scale brands) add a lot of sugar and/or salt to them. Haven't
noted a sweet soup yet but there probably are some.

I'm peeking over what to start for the weekend cookery and thinking of
a diced tomato based soup with dried beans and zuccini. I have some
leftover pork and rice based meatloaf that would fit in nicely. The
flavors would work well with aniseed

I have to keep it low-cal as well as our daughter is going into the
Navy but we have to trim her a little and get her better at running and
such. She was 8lbs over the limit when we made the initial visit 4
weeks ago and now shes 1.5lbs over the limit and working out every day.

Her aim right now is 6 days a week she has 300 calories per meal, plus
200 in 'snacks'. One day a week she gets to 'cheat' with a 600 calorie
meal paired to 2 300 calorie ones and 200 in snacks. It's working fine
obviously.