Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Question about whistling tea kettles

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 1:37:06 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 4:25:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Hey! That looks exactly the same as my two small ones)))) Yes, they
> > were cheap but they are perfect for me) er what else do rice cookers
> > do?
> >
> > I certainly don't use them for anything else!
> >
> > Anyway, why not buy to a new one?? Go on .. treat yourself))

> I'm trying to cut out rice in my diet. For an Asian, that's a fairly radical
> concept. It hasn't been too hard but I probably won't be getting a rice
> cooker anytime soon, if at all. OTOH, my induction range has such a fine
> control of heat delivery, I can cook a pot of rice on my stove better than
> an automatic rice cooker. It's rather amazing.
>

> Ahhh apologies. I forgot(( D. often has cauliflower rice or zoodles
> for a change. Have you tried those? What do you use instead?
>

> I was talking to a friend today in a parking lot and he said "you got a new
> friend." I say "huh?" and he points to a chicken standing a few feet away
> from me. He's not doing anything - just standing there. Later on, I was
> waiting for my wife to get out of a store when another chicken approached
> and watched me for a while. My theory is that people that linger in parking
> lots will be investigated by chickens. Either that or the chickens want me
> to eat more rice.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...g17nsBIYJ78hEh
>

> LOL maybe they think you look dodgy!! Oi wot you doin' in my parking
> lot??? Cluck!!

When I parked my car today, there were some chickens digging in the dirt and lying in it. I don't know a thing about chickens but they're either making nests to lay eggs or creating the chicken equivalent of a lounge chair. I like to let the cat out occasionally to remind the chickens to keep off the walkway. Well, that's my plan anyway. The cat will go out there and watch the chickens as the do their chicken business in the dirt. In Hawaii, cats and chickens get along splendidly.

The other day, as we were getting out of the car in the parking lot, a group of lads were chasing some chickens around. Watching kids chase chickens is kind of fun. My wife was watching them too and one of those boys with a chicken under his arm saw her and said "Auntie! We just catching them so we can take care of them and feed them!" What a bunch of considerate kids but really, we don't care what they do with those boids. They can make chicken adobo for all we care. Anyway, the chicken scene is strong on this rock.