Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Julie Bove wrote:

> >some >>>> guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad
> >that was asst. >>>> vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans.
> >Added a goodly drizzle >> of >>>> honey on top. There may have been
> >more things he added that I left out >>>> but I

> >keep >>>> looking

> >> Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
> >> heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
> >> property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

> > It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we
> > could put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main
> > line to get the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can
> > stay in that building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone
> > here all up in my business?

> There's some very innovative solutions used with RV's that he might
> have added for basic plumbing. Even small 5gallon electric hot water
> heaters that aren't very expensive and can handle a small tub type
> bath (some run off liquid propane bottles and you just fill with
> water then turn it on). I was looking at some of them for a camper
> friend of mine.
>
> ==
>
> Yes, we use something similar with ours.
>
> Works very well!

Yup! My friends did end up ordering one I suggested and are awaiting
arrival. It wasn't too much money at all and is easy for them to take
with them. I think 200$ is a decent price. Anyways, these would be
things he'd add (then take with him when he moves). Has a sort of
spigot so if you have a hose to attach, it will pump out hot water at
the same rate as fed in (LP bottle).

They plan to add an attachment they can hang it from, to the top back
of the RV so it can be used with an 'out door shower' they put together
with PVC pipe. They already had the out door shower but said heating
some water from RV power (their level of it) was a PITA.

BTW, it's a really basic 'RV' so no, doesn't have a shower inside.
What they describe of the toilet is basically clumping cat litter
(grin). They enjoy driving off on long weekends and don't need much.

It interesed me to look up some possible things they might find useful
in the small space. Made my wandering foot happy to consider getting
something like that going.