Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On 2/15/2019 11:24 AM, Gary wrote:
> wrote:

>>> OK Julie. I did the side by side comparison yesterday. I usually
>>> buy the large ravoli or the lasagna but for this comparison I
>>> bought Beefaroni only because that was the only one in store
>>> with both versions.
>>>
>>> Regular version is very watery (soupy). Way much water in it.
>>> Beef is hardly recognizable. No garlicy taste worth mentioning.
>>> Put this on your plate and it will run over the entire plate.
>>>
>>> Throwback version is thick, no running from the pile. You can
>>> pile it up and it stays piled up. Lots more beef and a much
>>> better flavor all around. It's definitely a huge improvement in
>>> texture and taste.
>>>
>>> IMO, this 'Throwback' version is worth every extra penny compared
>>> to the regular stuff. If that was their original recipe years
>>> ago, shame on them for dumbing it down just to save pennies since
>>> then.
>>>
>>> I do buy 3-4 cans per year and I WILL buy the Throwback from now
>>> on.

>> Yoose all should be embarrassed to advertise that yoose all buy that
>> doodoo... it's very easy to make your own by the big potful and freeze
>> portions... would be a much better product and would cost far less.

> Both you and Jill always say that...."easier to make your own"
> Both of you are retired and have all the time in the world to
> make your own but not always with working people. Get real.

I guess I didn't post enough of my personal business for you to notice.
I'm working part time again. I've been working since the end of January.

Even all the years I worked full time I've *always* cooked meals with
leftovers in mind for the freezer. Even after I moved here I never
stopped doing that. That's why I *have* a second freezer.

Jill