Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default We have one less resident now.

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 11:28:58 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> Another friend from the dog park rescued a similarly skittish dog who
> once slipped out through the gate while someone else was coming in and
> bolted. It took a couple people two hours to catch her. The poor guy
> can't leave her alone in his apartment. She has such serious separation
> anxiety that she tears the place apart, including chewing holes in the
> wall.

When he goes to work, store, hanging out with friends that dog needs to be put
into a large crate. His belongings will be safe and actually the dog might feel
safer being contained.

> My son has a bit of an issue with the term "rescue". He considers it to
> be a buying a dog cheap.

Rescue can also mean rescuing the animal from euthanasia or abuse.

> I have an issue that I raise with the town
> every year. I don't mind registering my dog but think it should be a one
> time thing so they know who is responsible for the dog. I resent having
> to pay an annual fee which is then used to pay for enforcement and to
> support the local shelter. There are very few local dogs in the shelter.
> Most of them are imported from shelters in the US. There are about 5
> times more cats than dogs in the shelter, and cats are not licenses. As
> a dog owner I am forced to support cats and imported dogs.

'Registering' a dog here means they get their annual rabies vaccination at one
of the free clinics the city offers. Same thing applies to cats.