Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default To the appliance store again

On 2019-02-13 1:52 p.m., Nancy2 wrote:
> I have a Whirlpool top loading washer (since 2010), and have had no
> trouble at all. It has an extra large tub, and it wasn't very
> expensive...I got it at Lowe's because they were offering a good
> price, a free haul-away of my old one, and a gift card. I would be
> really surprised if it had any kind of computer in it...it has
> regular dials and nothing digital on the top. My dryer is also a
> Whirlpool, bought at the same time.

The old one was a Cosby, apparently made by Maytag. I wish I had known
that before I bought it. The new one is a Sumsung that was on sale... at
least that is the way it was being marketed. Thanks to my repeat
business they are dropped $50 off the delivery and no charge to take
away the old one. It is a top loader. They have a number of machines
with regular looking dials, but they are actually connected to
computerized controls, not mechanical switches. I had not realized that
newer washing machines no longer have those big agitators.