Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default To the appliance store again

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 6:53:59 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> Why to appliances all die at the same time?
> We had been having trouble with our washing machine occasionally
> refusing to spin. Sometimes it helped to unplug it and let the computer
> reset. Sometimes not. The repairman came to look at it and of course it
> worked for him. He said it might be the door lock. He would order it.
> When it came in he called to let us know but said if it was working
> maybe we should not bother. A couple weeks later it acted up again. He
> came and installed then new part and it worked. That was almost about
> 2-1/2 months ago. Last night it screwed up again.
>
> Having spent over $600 in repairs in the last year and a half I didn't
> see any point in another expensive repair. My wife never liked that
> washer anyway. It was a front loader and needed frequent treatment for
> the stink those things are subject to.
>
> That's four major appliances I have had to buy since Christmas.
> Hopefully I won't be needing any more appliances for a while.
>

> On Christmas morning I did a load of laundry

At one time we had a dream of all Korean appliances. That has pretty much fallen by the wayside. I replaced our LG front loader washer with a Maytag top loader. I like it better in operation than the front loader and as an added bonus, the new washer cost about half of what the LG cost us. Just call me older and wiser.