Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Question about whistling tea kettles

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 4:25:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Hey! That looks exactly the same as my two small ones)))) Yes, they
> were cheap but they are perfect for me) er what else do rice cookers
> do?
>
> I certainly don't use them for anything else!
>
> Anyway, why not buy to a new one?? Go on .. treat yourself))

I'm trying to cut out rice in my diet. For an Asian, that's a fairly radical
concept. It hasn't been too hard but I probably won't be getting a rice
cooker anytime soon, if at all. OTOH, my induction range has such a fine
control of heat delivery, I can cook a pot of rice on my stove better than
an automatic rice cooker. It's rather amazing.

Ahhh apologies. I forgot(( D. often has cauliflower rice or zoodles
for a change. Have you tried those? What do you use instead?

I was talking to a friend today in a parking lot and he said "you got a new
friend." I say "huh?" and he points to a chicken standing a few feet away
from me. He's not doing anything - just standing there. Later on, I was
waiting for my wife to get out of a store when another chicken approached
and watched me for a while. My theory is that people that linger in parking
lots will be investigated by chickens. Either that or the chickens want me
to eat more rice.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...g17nsBIYJ78hEh

LOL maybe they think you look dodgy!! Oi wot you doin' in my parking
lot??? Cluck!!