Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Isn't their a comic strip where the bully's called Brutus?

> I kind of remembered but then I did have to look it up...
> Popeye cartoons. For awhile he was Bluto then changed to Brutus
> for many years.
>
> OR...you can go way back in history or at least to
> Shakes-his-spear....
> Julius Caesar was stabbed by all the Roman elite kids and
> remember
> one of his last things to say was, "Et tu Brute?" That guy was
> Brutus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluto
Bluto is a cartoon and comics character created in 1932 by Elzie Crisler
Segar as a one-time character, named "Bluto the Terrible", in his
Thimble Theatre comic strip (later renamed Popeye). Bluto made his first
appearance September 12 of that year. Fleischer Studios adapted him the
next year (1933) to be the main antagonist of their theatrical Popeye
animated cartoon series