Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default snow big deal

writes:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>> When I lived in Philadelphia, that was common. In New England, no big
>> deal. People were batter at driving in snow and the highway crews are
>> better equipped to deal with it. In all my years in CT, if I could get
>> out my driveway I could get to the store.

>Our snow here is different. East Coast snow is dryer. West Coast snow is
>heavy and wet. Forms a thick layer of ice almost instantly. And they use
>salt/sand or chemicals on the East Coast.

Yesterday I saw huge flakes, lake effect type snow, in the afternoon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SL3gi2SUcaGrgvw37

Toward evening it grew wetter and the flakes got smaller until it became
rain. The type of snow depends on the temperature of the air and how it
mixes up. Looking forward to good old rain. My jury duty was cancelled
and I don't need to go back - I am considered having served. Whew!

They got four feet in Snoqualmie Pass in 36 hours - if you could get
there the skiing would be a dream! But I-90 is closed at least until
tomorrow. My boss is stuck on the other side. :-/