Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default snow big deal

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > BTW... still not a single flake of snowfall here in Virginia
> > Beach this winter...very rare. Actually this will be the first
> > ever since I moved here in 1973
> >

> Maybe, but it is only mid February. I remember one year thinking it was
> over and had a blizzard on April Fools Day.

I did hesitate to mention my lack of snow, least I jinx myself.
In the past, some of our largest snowfalls were in the end of
February. No cold or snow forcast in the next 7 days but yes, all
winter hell could show up in the last 10 days of February.

It's never snowed much in March except a few inches in the first
week one year. I ran a 5K race that day.

Anyway, I always enjoy a good snow here since no matter how much,
it all melts within a few days. I'm still "kid" enough to enjoy
snow days and I always cheer it on...deeper the better. And we
just don't go to work in severe, very rare snow so no need to
drive in it dangerously. Deep snow days for me is always 'snow
days off' just like the kids in school. Stay home. Only go out
to have fun and play in it. I still do.

Your snow days are all behind you now, Ed.