Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default A new Fridge

On 2/11/2019 10:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-11 8:11 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> When we got a new fridge in the last house I had to cut down the
>> cabinet about 2" for it to fit.Â* You could not tell it no longer had a
>> bottom.

> I had a similar problem with our previous fridge. It turned out to be
> about 1/16 inch too high for the space. Fortunately there was a bit of a
> lip on the cupboard above it and I was able to shave it down and get the
> fridge in under it. There was enough space on each side for ventilation.
> Â*A few years ago we remodeled the kitchen shortened the cupboard a bit
> and there is now about a 2" gap.Â* This time I made sure to measure
> before ordering the fridge.

When we had the kitchen remodeled, we kept the old refrigerator for
some time as it still worked fine. However, it was on the small side
so it fit into the space no problem.

When it came time to replace it, we got one as big as would fit, the
way it was meant to be. On delivery day, Ron was measuring, he knew
something was off. Well, the countertop on one side stuck out. Seems
so obvious. Of course the truck is pulling in the driveway.

I quick grabbed a screwdriver and took that counter off, so all's well
that ends well, good thing I didn't have stone countertops. A local
cabinet maker cut an inch off the countertop so it worked out.

I am not sure that thing is screwed down or just sitting there, now
that I think about it.

nancy