Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default snow big deal

wrote:

>>> Are we supposed to
>>> stay off the roads because some Northerner is here visiting but we are annoying
>>> him and in his way because we don't know how to navigate in it?
>>>

>> That can be the smart thing to do no matter where you live.
>>

> I agree, but when you work for a company that did not close for the snow and
> you and your co-worker, who spent the night at your house, are on your way to
> work and you pass ONE other vehicle on the road they still expect you to come
> in. GRRRRRRRRRR

Oh, I know that well. Back sometime in the 1970s I had to get to work.
No snow, but it was freezing rain. I ended up in a minor accident on
ice. That changed my attitude about getting to work in bad weather. I
always got there, but on my terms. If I started at 7, I'd not leave the
house some snowy days until after 7. especially if it was dark until
then. .

The last 15 years of my working career, it was even easier. I was the
one responsible to make the decision to close for snow. Only did it a
few times, but no one ever complained.