Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A new Fridge

On 2019-02-11 8:11 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> When we got a new fridge in the last house I had to cut down the cabinet
> about 2" for it to fit.Â* You could not tell it no longer had a bottom.

I had a similar problem with our previous fridge. It turned out to be
about 1/16 inch too high for the space. Fortunately there was a bit of a
lip on the cupboard above it and I was able to shave it down and get the
fridge in under it. There was enough space on each side for ventilation.
A few years ago we remodeled the kitchen shortened the cupboard a bit
and there is now about a 2" gap. This time I made sure to measure
before ordering the fridge.