Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default snow big deal

On 2019-02-11 7:56 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/11/2019 6:33 PM, wrote:
>
>> Are we supposed to
>> stay off the roads because some Northerner is here visiting but we are
>> annoying
>> him and in his way because we don't know how to navigate in it?
>>

> That can be the smart thing to do no matter where you live.
>
> One day I was going to work and there were flashing lights ahead around
> the curve.Â* When I go there, a woman was standing beside her car that
> slid off the road. They were waiting to have it pulled out.
>
> After work it was still the same conditions on the way home.Â* Again, at
> a slight curve on a down hill there were flashing lights ahead.Â* When I
> got there, same woman, same car, this time up against a guard rail with
> some damage.
>
> Even if she lost a day's pay it would have been more sensible for her to
> stay home.

There are a lot of people who just don't make good decisions. Last week
we had a bad winter storm with two days of freezing rain. Streets and
sidewalks were a mess. On the news they were interviewing a woman who
was out walking her dog down the middle of a road. She said that the dog
wanted to go for a walk and the sidewalk was too slippery so she was
walking on the road. It didn't make a lot of sense to me to be walking
on slippery ice covered roads where there are big heavy vehicles that
are slipping and sliding around.