Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Purging the freezer

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 4:30:59 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > Have you ever considered a Food Saver vacuum machine?

> She's right. They work really well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CU73OMC

I bought mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond about 6 years ago and used a 20% off
coupon.

> Look at the 4th tab with freezer times. While I don't do this with
> lettuce or berries etc. (nor bread) I assure you the meat times are
> accurate. The range is based on if you are using commercial level
> bags, or cheapos from Walmart.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028JURDQ
>
> Thats not the cheapest bags but the work well and it's 98 feet of
> material which if you cut it a bit long, can be rinsed and reused with
> a smaller item (to reduce landfill).

I buy my rolls at Bed, Bath, and Beyond as well. A box of 2-ll inch rolls is
$19.95 and if you use one of their $5.00 coupons that brings the price down
a good bit. And like you said, cut the bags long and they can reused again
and again until there is practically nothing left. Someone here buys/bought
their roll off eBay; LONG rolls.