Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Question about whistling tea kettles

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 8:18:30 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> wrote:
> >
> > We use an electric tea kettle too,

> Another fool....spending extra money just to boil a cup or two of
> water. LOL.

There's a cultural aspect to this electric kettle thing. My guess is that
many homes in the UK will have one of those and it's similar to how the
Japanese will have automatic rice cookers. The ones that I saw in the UK was
just spiffy. It used induction heating and could boil water fast because
they operate at a higher wattage than American - 3000W!

The Japanese also like to have hot water on hand. They favor insulated
vacuum pots rather than the ones the Brits use. These pots are probably
popular because these cultures are likely to drink tea at any time of the
day. Americans don't use these things because they drink coffee. They mostly
make coffee in the morning or purchase coffee when they need to during the
day. You think they're stupid because you're not a tea drinker.

==

We don't drink tea, but D does drink instant coffee. We do have an electric
kettle AND an electric rice cooker)))