Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doris Night[_3_] Doris Night[_3_] is offline

Default A new Fridge

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 10:39:41 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I have to agree with my wife about the convenience of the bottom mounted
>> freezer. It may be a bit of an issue to have to crouch to get stuff
>> out of the freezer, but everything in the fridge is much more accessible.

>Not only that but with a bottom drawer freezer, you can keep it
>open longer because the cold air doesn't immediately fall out on
>the floor.

My last fridge had the freezer on the bottom, but it wasn't a drawer,
it was a regular door. You opened it, then you had to pull out a wire
basket. (I hadn't bought it myself - it came to me when my father
downsized.) Anyway, I hated that freezer door, and when the fridge
died I got a basic model with freezer on top.

Next one will be after we move this summer, and will be a fancy
dual-door fridge with water dispenser and freezer drawer on the
bottom. That's what they're putting in all the new condos nowadays.

Doris