Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default Purging the freezer

On 2/10/2019 11:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/10/2019 10:22 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>

>> You got that right, I have come across things in my life where I
>> think I just threw out the thing container and all because it
>> looked like a science experiment.Â* I'm more organized these days.

> I imagine everyone that has a freezer has done that a couple of times.
>
> For years we found the freezer to be very useful but not so much any
> more.Â* Our lives have changed over the years so it is not utilized as much.
>
> There are two of us instead of four, no teenage guests any more either.
> We no longer freeze loads of veggies or fruits from the garden or at the
> peak of the season from the farmer's market.

At your new place it's easy to get out to go shopping, too. Not like
you're going to be snowed in. Having to bundle up makes it less
inviting to go to the store, at least for me.

> Retired, I have time to go to the market more often and track down the
> bargains for the meal of the day.Â* No need to have a big inventory on
> hand.Â* There are always a few choices though, a couple of different
> meats, some seafood, and always chicken parts and a selection of
> vegetables.

In the winter it's chuck roast, pork chops, chicken parts and
vegetables. Not so much when it's hot.

nancy