Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Purging the freezer

On 2/10/2019 9:27 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 2/10/2019 9:07 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Absolutely!Â* And shuffling things around as you add new items to the
>> freezer.Â* Take what is in the back/bottom and move it towards the front.

> Last fall when Ron took the express route off the roof and I had to
> do all the food providing on top of everything else, I was happy to
> mine the freezer.Â* Nothing was really lost, being a side by side,
> but I did get to arrange things by category (vegetables, meat) so
> I knew what we had, and was happy to find containers of chili, sauce,
> stuff like that to make my life simpler.
>
> I found it much easier to keep the freezer neat when it was just
> me putting food in there.
>
> nancy

I'm sure it does help if there's only one person dealing with what goes
in and out of the freezer. Labels (a sharpie and tape) on the
containers, as Janet US mentioned, are essential. Things still get lost
occasionally. But it's nothing like finding something completely
ancient and freezer burned from years ago. What the heck is this? If
you don't know what it is, throw it out. (laugh)

Jill