Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A new Fridge

On 2019-02-10 7:54 p.m., Nancy Young wrote:
> On 2/10/2019 12:21 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I ordered it on Monday and was told it would likely be 2-3 weeks
>> before delivery, depending on the manufacturer's warehouse stock. I
>> was surprised to get a call on Thursday saying it was scheduled for
>> delivery on Saturday.

> That was fast ... assuming your old one hadn't crapped out.Â* BTDT.

Yes, it was fast. The old one was still functioning so it was not an
emergency. I had actually been out shopping for a new fridge a year or
two ago and just never got around to actually ordering one. The old one
was about 20 years old. The door seals were falling about. Last week
my wife opened the freezer and the bracket on the door shelf broke. I
got it back into place and we had planned to nurse it along until the
replacement came. I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery, so I was surprised
when it arrived in only 5 days.

I hope this is it for appliances for a while. In December we spent $300
on a repair on the washing machine. On Christmas morning the dryer died.
Just after the new dryer arrived an infinity switch on the stove
seized up. I had been planning to get a new oven anyway, so instead of
paying $100 or more for a repair I ordered a new one. It was just days
after the new oven arrived that the old fridge announced that it was
going to start falling about.