Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default got new stuff

On 2019-02-10 6:57 p.m., wrote:
> On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 1:21:19 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> I went back and reviewed the Amazon reviews. There are far fewer
>> negative reports than positive and the positive are not all from
>> people who just took CC out of the box. I read negative comments with
>> a jaundiced eye. There are always people out there who can't find
>> there butt with two hands.
>> Janet US
>>

> Ain't that the truth!!

A year or two ago I listened to a program on the radio about the
business of rating products, services and restaurants online. After
hearing that I have little faith in online reviews.

FWIW, a couple months ago I bought a Dyson V10 cordless vacuum. I
looked at the reviews and most of them were very positive. The only
negative I remember was a complaint about battery life. I have to say
that I am impressed with the thing sucks up dirt and dog hair. One of my
complaints, that no one else mentioned, is that the canister fills up so
quickly. Then there is the blockages. When it gets into areas with a
lot of dog hair it clogs up near the power head and sometimes by the end
of the canister. Then the filter clogs up. If there is blockage at any
of these three you have to take it apart and clean it out.The filter has
to be taken out, cleaned out, rinsed and then dried. It takes a minimum
of 24 hours to dry it out enough. There is a safety override that makes
the motor cut out when it gets overloaded it, so you can't even run it
to such air through the filter to dry it out. It gets frustrating to
have to go through each step trying to figure out which part is causing
the problem, and then that long wait. I don't think I could vacuum the
hole house in one shot. The battery is supposed to last 25 minutes on
high power, which should be enough for a quick once over, but it will
clog up before the battery runs down. Then I will have to clean the
filter and wait a day to finish. I want to know why no one mentioned that.