Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default what's with peanuts?

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 06:12:05 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:10:03 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 2/10/2019 12:18 PM, Pamela wrote:
>>

>>> I agree. A barbeque can be fun but it rarely produces better food than
>>> cooked indoors.
>>>

>>Better is just opinion. Both can produce excellent food and they are
>>different.

>Excellent is also opinion.

More than anything how food turns out is up to the one who actually
cooks it... a steak doesn't give a rat's ass whether it's cooked
indoors or outdoors. An awful lot of so-called celebrity chefs have
proven to me many times that they can't cook a lick. With 99% of
those FoodTV chefs if not for their kitchen crew behind the scenes
they couldn't operate a roach coach. As soon as I see how they handle
cutlery I know they don't belong in a kitchen... I've seen no more
than two who can carve a roast... Yan and Pepin are the only two who
know to handle cutlery... I'd say Martin Yan is a far better cook....
I owned a 5 star eatery I'd rather employ one Martin Yan than ten
Pepins.