Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/7/2019 9:29 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Nice day there in SC -
> > I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.
> >
> > ;-D

> Sorry, I seem to have run out of adjectives.
>
> It was a very nice day in SC but I didn't feel like futzing with the
> charcoal grill for one small steak. I could have grilled the
> cauliflower florets, too, over indirect heat in a grill basket (so they
> don't fall between the grates). I'm just not a huge fan of grilling
> unless I'm cooking something like ribs alongside something else. IOW,
> larger portions.

Just a gentle tease to you. I haven't been allowed to grill here
for many years but I don't care. Even back then, I rarely did it.
Pan frying does all I need.

I've never cared for boring cauliflower but brushing with oil
then roasting until browned sounds interesting to me. All I've
ever had was blah steamed. What seasoning do you add before
roasting if any?