Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> > All those Chef RD cans basically have the same
> > sauce and meat, just the pasta is different with
> > different mouth feel. Difference in taste is very
> > minimal.

> To me, the Beefaroni is more mushy and has a weird meat texture. The meat
> isn't in chunks. Just very tiny bits.

Again, I think it's all the same ingredients/recipe, just with
different pasta and texture. None of their meat is in "chunks."
It's all ground very fine unless you are talking about the
ravioli where a good cube of ground is inside and all alone.

If you somewhat like the ravioli, skip the small ones and buy
those cans of large over-sized raviolis. Again, same ingredients
but I do like the texture difference with each bite.