Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default got new stuff

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 08:03:05 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

> On 2/8/2019 10:26 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> The Bailetti and Tramontina non-sticks have served me very well.

> I really liked the Emeril pans but they wore out over a few years.
> They take a beating, we're not the plastic utensil people and I
> don't expect non stick to last forever anyway.
>
> On a whim I picked up a set of 3 Tramontina at (drumroll) Costco
> last week. Jury is out, I hope they work out. They were next
> to the Copperwhatever as seen on tv set. I just assumed they
> probably don't last, guess I'm put off by those kinds of commercials.

I'm using the Tramontina right now - have been for 2 years. Still
good as new. I accidentally threw away the small one. Set it in
the garbage to drain the oil in the pan (given 45 minutes, every
last spec of oil will run off the pan). but somebody else covered
it up with trash and I took it out to the trash the next day. I
realized what was happening just as I heard the trash truck pulled
up outside. Oops!

-sw