Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default got new stuff

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 20:28:33 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

> On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 9:17:56 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:44:24 -0800 (PST),

>> wrote:
>>
>>> There's some folks on YouTube that give reviews from "As Seen on TV" products.
>>> The copper pans and the granite stone pans have received very good reviews. But
>>> a lot of the stuff sold on TV is junk.

>> Yeah, but almost all those reviews are from people who just received
>> it and haven't used it for a month. Look at the one=-star reviews
>> on Amazon, those are mostly from the people who've waited a couple
>> months to review them. While the 5-star reviews are from people
>> who've had it for less than 2 weeks.
>>
>> I wait for Janet's 6-month/50-uses and washings review :-)
>>
>> -sw
>>

> There's one guy that does the reviews, and at the end of the year he will give
> a nod to the best and worst products he's bought and used. If something is
> especially impressive he will review it again and give updates to how it's
> holding up.

You have much more patience then me,. I prefer to read reviews from
real consumers(*), not watch videos of people who were given items
and possibly paid to review them. I despise 99.95% of youtube
videos.

(*) given, some of those people are idiots ("1 star because I should
have ordered blue instead of red").

-sw