Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2[_2_] Nancy2[_2_] is offline

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

I use the BH&G beef loaf recipe for meatloaf; it holds together really well. Which means
one of my favorite ways to have leftover meatloaf is sliced and in a reg'lar white bread
sandwich, with butter on one side and yellow mustard on the other. If I have some head
lettuce, I add that. Now I want meatloaf. ;-))

My supper tonight was ham quiche, with diced celery and onion and a mix of sharp cheddar
and Swiss cheese (finely shredded). I had a bit of sour cream on the side. Sometimes I have
salsa, but usually with a sausage or bacon quiche. The side vegetable was stewed
tomatoes which reminded me of when I was young, and it would be our vegetable at dinner.
We lived on a farm until I was 7, and the extra tomatoes from the truck garden would be canned,
so my mom would add various seasonings to the tomatoes, making them into what was stewed
tomatoes. (I haven't ever met a tomato style I haven't liked.)

N.